1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by emscuba, Jan 25, 2017.

1. emscuba

emscuba New Member

Hello! I’m Emma

I’ve scuba dived a few times in my life, but never got certified due to the cost. Well, I finally took the plunge and am completing my Open Water and Advanced Open Water PADI courses! Not so sure about diving in the UK though (cold! - all of my diving experiences have been in the tropics). I’m off to Lanzarote soon to complete my dives :)

Is anyone here from around Herts/Beds/Bucks?

2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I think we have a couple from over there @minus273degrees is near there I think

3. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Welcome, Emma. Most of my diving has been in Madeira, where I'm going to on Sunday. I've now bought my own kit and starting to dive in UK. Cold? Not if you have the right gear on. I tried my new dry suit in 7 degrees earlier this month and was cool but not cold - the great thing was that I was dry.
    Enjoy the courses - I found that AOW made me much more confident.

4. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Hi Emma

Welcome!

I'm in Herts.

5. Iain Denham

Iain Denham Active Member

Welcome aboard Emma, some might say diving in this country is better than Lanzarote..

6. minus273degrees

minus273degrees Active Member

HI Emma

yea I'm in Beds

7. NickPicks

NickPicks Active Member

Hi Emma.
    Where abouts in Herts/Beds/Bucks are you? I'm also in Herts (Hemel Hempstead). If you're looking to dive in the UK (it's not that cold with the right suit!), you could do worse than asking us for advice on clubs in the area.

8. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

I've been diving in Lanzarote in February and the water temperature was 19C. That's about the same as you get in the UK during the late summer season - so it doesn't need to be cold! (It is seasonal though!) I love cold water diving and will happily carry on throughout the year.

Are you going to the Museo Atlantico? I went last time I was in Lanzarote and loved it, and now it is supposed to be even bigger and more impressive. I hope you have a great time.

9. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Looks like Emma's done a runner.

I'm just SE of Watford.

10. NickPicks

NickPicks Active Member

Bushey?

11. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Diving club's in Bushey. I'm in Radlett/Borehamwood, depending on day of the week.

12. pitdiver

pitdiver Active Member

I'm in Central Beds between Bedford and Luton bad sadly don't dive anymore but still take an interest in this forum. Although I do miss the Friday rucks. Anyway welcome to the forum, ask any questions you will always get an answer. BTW my wife also used to dive she got to AOW.

13. Dean areon

Dean areon New Member

H

14. Dean areon

Dean areon New Member

HI there I've from.dunstable and dive a least once a month at stoney and love it