1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and even Old Members please read

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Davey_Willo, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Davey_Willo

Davey_Willo Super Moderator

Hi everyone

I'm posting this in the New Members Introductions area to hopefully offer a few words of encouragement.

If you're new to the fora and are a little dubious about posting, or are busy lurking and feeling like the place is all very cliquey then please take no notice of your doubts or immediate concerns, it may seem cliquey simply because there are too many readers and not enough posters.

We currently have a small core of regular posters, but you as a member are just as much a part and just as responsible for making UKDivers what it is and what it can be, please try and post an introduction about yourself, whether your a million dive a year techy diver or a first dive in a pool nooby, we're keen to hear from you and welcome you to our sometimes mad, sometimes infuriating, but always interesting little community.

I'd also ask, and this goes out to existing as well as new members, that if your profile simply holds nothing more than your avatar and a pseudonym then please go back and modify it with your real name as well, fill in some of the fields, let us know whether your male or female, where you are from and maybe a little bio informationtoo. It's amazing how many times we as members try to find out a little more about the people we spend time on here with, only to be presented with nothing more than a pseudonym.

Welcome to UKDivers one and all, please come right in, post as often as you like, there will always be responses, ask as many questions as you feel the need to or offer as much advice as you can, these are the ingredients of a great fora. Enjoy and please become an integral part of one of the best virtual dive clubs on the internet.

Hopefully speak to you soon
    Dave :D

Joe likes this.
  2. Tom

Tom New Member

To all the new Uk Divers, Ive only been on this forum since Jan, you can get loads of info from the other members, dont lurk and look ask and learn, they are all very helpful and friendly and even if you ask a daft question they will answer it, so dont be afraid jump in and ask away, by the way whats happened to Oceanic ? I found his threads very intresting and thought provoking. Come back Oceanic !!:thumbup:

divingal likes this.
  3. Sez+Richy

Sez+Richy New Member

Hi Guys,

We can't complain about the welcome either for people who haven't even dived yet just are going to be doing it as soon as John from vivian is back off his hols were gonna book the open water course :D

4. Rob Harding

Rob Harding New Member

Hi folks. Thanks for the encouragement Dave ,Tom Sez and Richy. I hope I can use the board for further knowledge , friendship, info etc.
    I'm big on forgiveness , cause I have faults. So, if you dont like the way I say something or you just know I'm a prat, let it go.
    Hope I can contribute in some way.