1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some IT help.

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Zubar, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

I've been trying to install OSTC planner on my desktop/or laptop. When I run install it gets blocked by an administrator, except I AM the admin on my computers. I can find no way around it, and it happens on both of my computers. Had no issue with other installs.
    Any ideas?

I used to have ostcplanner on an old laptop i no longer have but that should not stop the initial install. I believe they will reissue the key if i contact them.

Cheers
    C

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Runas admin?

create a shortcut to the program and there’s an option to set it to runas Administrator.

3. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

Ah. I found a fix on the tube but hit another wall.
    Hate puters me.

4. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

What do you want OSTC Planner for? i would use Subsurface instead.

5. splinter

splinter Active Member

Can't say I've tried OSTC planner, but I use subsurface too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. John F

John F Active Member

Can you use Subsurface as a planner, I thought it was just a log book ?

7. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

It's got a nice planner in it too. And i also use it for updating the firmware on my OSTC as well as configuring the parameters of it.

8. John F

John F Active Member

I will have to look at it again, I just downloaded my Shearwater to it and can’t find the planner, where is it ?

9. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I’m not at home at the minute so can’t check for you but I think you use the top menu bar and click Log>Plan dive

10. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

It doesn’t control all the CFs. I need to change the battery time to 1800. If I do that on the computer it means 1800 button presses. Tedious.

11. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you not use the set to default option to jump this straight to 1800? I don’t know that this function is there for that particular CF though. If it was me I’d simply reset the computer to default setting and then just reset the few CFs you have actually changed

12. John F

John F Active Member

Just looked at Subsurface on my desktop, it has so much more then on my phone.
    Very impressive for a free download.

13. korsakof

korsakof Member

Have you checked that the OSTC Planner is compatible with your OS? I don´t see any info in the webpage.

You also can try this? It is avalible also in windows 10. Probably you need to install the software(run as admin), then go to installation folder and you configure your ".exe" file that start the program to run in compatibility mode.

http://pearsonsupport.helpserve.com...-a-program-in-compatibility-mode-in-windows-7

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/run-old-software-windows-10-compatibility-mode/

In case that the planner still don´t run, you can create a virtual machine(virtual box or vmware) on your computer and install the OS that the program is avalible for.

https://www.virtualbox.org/=>free

Tutorial:

My experience, i have a cressi giotto and cressi leonardo and i was fed up that stopped working when windows update. I have to reinstall everything, also subsurface. I decided to create a virtual machine with Windows 7 OS and cressi drivers, cressi software and subsurface to synchronize my dives with the cloud.

If you have any doubt or don´t understand something, feel free to write me.

Hope this helps!.

Zubar likes this.
  14. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

Thanks for that. I may have another go at it.

15. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you sure you can't just set that CF straight to 1800? I think most of the CF's I've seen allow you to go up or down or reset back to default. Just reset this to the default which should be 1800.

16. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I checked on my OSTC Mk.2 and yes, you should be able to jump straight to a value of 1800 without loads of button presses. You can also change the step size from 1 to 10 to 100 so even if you can't jump straight to a value of 1800 then you'll only have to press the button 18 times (i don't think you even need to do this though).

17. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

As you said. One press goes to default. I’ll just use subsurface for other settings.

thanks everyone

18. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I just didn’t want you sitting there going mad pressing the button 1800 times.

Zubar likes this.