1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr and Mrs Garf do Malta

Discussion in 'DIR Diving' started by Gareth Burrows, May 5, 2014.

1. Gareth Burrows

Gareth Burrows Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Just been out to Malta for ten days teaching and coaching. Also managed to squeeze in a few crafty personal dives. For anyone that hasn't been there, just go. It's cheap, easy to get to, and looks like this...

PeterT, becky9 and Andy Stevenson like this.
  2. hawk

hawk Doing It Rong
    UKD Supporter

Pah - your bouyancy needs work ;) :)

presume you were able to hire twinset and stages over there?

3. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Techwise (part of Divewise) have all the gear a budding Gooist, or any other Techy, needs; Holycon OPH, wing & BP, Euros, ally 7's, ally 80's, decent regs, the lot.

becky9 and hawk like this.
  4. hawk

hawk Doing It Rong
    UKD Supporter

I've never considered any sort of holiday tech diving as I presumed hiring kit (twins and stages) woud be a nightmare but that's good to know

5. Gareth Burrows

Gareth Burrows Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Techwise make it very easy. You just turn up. They tell you what wrecks are being dived and you pick one. If you are a GUE diver that's the end of the discussion. They didn't ask me whether I wanted 1, 2 or 3 stages or what gasses I wanted because they knew. The next day I just rocked up and all the kit was loaded on the truck ready to go to the dive site. You just analyse your gas and get in.

6. hawk

hawk Doing It Rong
    UKD Supporter

That sounds great - thanks for the info