1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merino thermal undergarments

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by kevin b, Nov 22, 2017.

1. kevin b

kevin b New Member

Might be of interest in some of you Aldi have some in store from Sunday 26 November

2. nickb

nickb Active Member

I've bought cheap merino stuff before and it's invariably shite.

Most notable was the Helly Hansen stuff that everyone on YD was buying about 7 or 8 years ago. I'd been using HH Lifa stuff for years and it was great but their merino garments were utter crap. They started falling apart immediately and offered no thermal advantage over any regular base layer.

The only merino stuff I buy now is Icebreaker. It's eye-wateringly expensive normally but every now and again you can pick-up bargains. I bought some of the 260 weight last year on Amazon and it can practically turn a 200g thinsulate into a 400g, it's that good.

It also wears & washes well and lasts for ages.

3. JasonP

JasonP Member

On the icebreaker website, they've got the 260 merino in some sizes at 40% off, so I've just bought a top. Might get some Aldi leggings though.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk