1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Membrane suit repair.

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by Mako-JD, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Mako-JD

Mako-JD Active Member

Ok so i got a very small hole in my seaskin membrane suit. I have stuck a few coats of Aquasure on and its seems ok.

For a more permanent repair and would look better IMO

Aqua tape rubber repair tape and stick it down with Bostik 2402 or just Aquasure or Aquasure and cotaol or blackwitch...

Or is there a better method that i don't know

thx all :)

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

I think @Tel is your man.

3. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Trouble us that if it's a small hole it costs way more buying the glues etc, .

If I was doing it properly I'd use Alpha S2000 as it's superior IMO, to Bostik, comes in 250ml as the smallest can.
    Also need a cleaner Toulene (which can be harder to get) or MEK

I';d then get a round patch, but can use a small bit of 40mm neoprene tape and cut that to a decent patch.
    Mask off the area ON THE INSIDE first with masking tape and use a fine wet and dry to rough up the surface.
    Then use a cleaner and rough up + use cleaner again on the patch as well. Mix a small batch of the two part
    glue and add a thin layer to both suit and patch using a small flexible mini-spatula or a 10mm wide bit of thick
    card. Leave for a few minutes until dry and place together using a roller over a form etc. wine bottle if its on the
    arm etc. Use a bit of talc over the lot to deal with any drips and put a few books/blocks etc on top and leave
    for a day. When you check see how well it;s stuck and if ok do the same on the front.

Some membrane needs more than one coat of glue, so the inside was a bit of a trial to see how good a job it was :)

Mako-JD and Wibble like this.
  4. Mako-JD

Mako-JD Active Member

Thx @Tel....Great answer :)