1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Dive Buddies Whitley Bay / North Tyneside Area

Discussion in 'Dive Buddy Finder' started by Beavo, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Beavo

Beavo New Member

Hi everyone, I have recently returned to living on the north east coast - just a short walk from Brown's Bay in Whitley Bay and I am looking for dive buddies in the area that would be available for shore dives along the Whitley Bay coast. My old dive buddy has moved out of the area so looking to make contact with other divers - especially those based in North Tyneside.

I haven't dived for a couple of years so will be easing myself back into things with some easy shore dives initially then on to some boat trips etc. after that. I am an experienced diver though - DM with 200+ (stopped counting) dives abroad and in the UK and have all my own kit which is serviced regularly and ready to go.

Give me a shout if you are interested in a dive or two (and probably a pint or two).

2. ROV

ROV New Member

Hi Beavo
    I shore dive a lot at Eyemouth and St.Abbs if your intrested . I live in the Northeast , 20mins from Brown's
    ROV

3. Big Joe

Big Joe Active Member

Hi Beavo
    Lived a couple of minutes walk from Browns Bay myself until a couple of months ago. Now live nearer St Mary's Island. Unfortunately due to family visiting from Australia and major house renovations, I have not been able to get into the water for the last couple of months. Been spitting when I've driven along the coast and seen how good the vis has been recently. Drop me a pm when you are around and I'll meet you in the Rockcliffe Arms.

4. Beavo

Beavo New Member

Hi guys. Thanks for your replies and sorry that I never got back to you. At the same time as posting my message on here I set up a Facebook group and was inundated with fellow divers wanting to join. It has become quite a good way of organising dives and meeting like minded people. We have been diving pretty regularly and also arranging some social meets. Last night 8 of us went out for a curry and the Ocean Film Festival in Whitley Bay. You are welcome to join in, you will find the group by searching SCUBA Diving Whitley Bay on Facebook or here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1736612233033015/

Big Joe - we were chatting/texting a while back and I never did manage to catch you at the Deep Blue Thurs night but you should come along next time I go for a pint with the guys and girls I have met through the Facebook group - they are a great bunch and many are local to the Whitley/Cullercoats/Tynemouth area.

ROV - Sorry for the slow response. Yes definitely up for diving around Eyemouth etc. The guys from the Facebook group will also be keen, a couple went up the other week and had a great dive. Are you on Facebook?