1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light Monkey primary lights, anyone used one?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Sarah.R, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Sarah.R

Sarah.R Member

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting a light monkey primary light to replace the trusty old greenforce. Has anyone got one or used one, I'd be keen to hear of any reports if you have.

Muchas gracias amigos

2. Badknees

Badknees Meg Pilot (retired) and Forum KGB

I personally don't but those that do seem to rate them. I like my trusty Sartek

3. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

Check out third thread in the Tec section here. Plenty of opinion on various lights inc light monkey.

Just got my Light For Me 4Tec 5hr. Love it, cheap, solid metal, bloody bright, comes on a nice case!

C

4. big si

big si Well-Known Member

Iv got the Light Monkey 21w HID and its been excelent

Sarah.R likes this.
  5. Gnomey

Gnomey Well-Known Member

The Light Monkey 21w is fantastic. Great penatrating power and tight beam but once in a wreck or cave, open up the beam and see the whole of the wreck/cave and not just a spot on the other wall.
    Me and the missus have them. Been very reliable aswell.

Sarah.R likes this.
  6. Sarah.R

Sarah.R Member

Si, You have dived with us in the UK, and my chap really holds you in high opinion. Andy Cavell, YRT. Just incase you are curious.

If you could tell me more about this light both me and Andrew are looking at getting them.

Thank you:)

7. big si

big si Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah, hope you and Andy are doing well. There isn't anything negative to say about the Light Monkey Iv had mine 3 years and its never let me down. Gnomey explaines very well how good they are. Im sure your be more than happy with a Light Monkey each, one thing I realy do like about them is how the switch is recessed down in the top of the torch which realy does make it look a finished article.

Gnomey likes this.
  8. Sarah.R

Sarah.R Member

We are doing really well out here, it's tough with the sunny days and blue waters but hey gotta take the rough with the smooth, right!!;)

Andrew has wanted one for a long time and I've always said no as he has 2 greenforce torches (1 of which I tend to use most of the time) and me being more money minded kinda classed this as a waste of money, I guess I may be coming round to it a little now:giggle:. I admit the focusable beam is a massive draw for the wrecks we are to be doing this year and they do look quite sexy. hmmmmmmmmm