1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lids 2011/tek 2011 - Presentations On Human Factors And Safety

Discussion in 'Diving Related Events' started by GLOC, Mar 8, 2011.

1. GLOC

GLOC Member

As many of you know I have been promoting safety through various guises (Cognitas & DISRC) but I am really happy to be presenting at both LIDS and TEK 2011 this year on Human Factors and ways to improve diver safety. The presentation will show how the diver, the supervisor/buddy and organisation can address different areas in the incident chain, and hopefully prevent an incident from occurring. The presentation uses both theoretical processes from civil aviation adapted for use in scuba diving and case studies (recreational and technical) to highlight how incidents can develop relatively easily but also stopped easily if identified.

I will be presenting at TEK 2011 at 09:30 on the Saturday and LIDS on both Saturday and Sunday at 14:45

More information can be found on the LIDS site and the latest newsletter can be downloaded from this link

Hope to see you there

(Discounts if you book early too :) )

Regards

bottlefish likes this.
  2. Gareth Burrows

Gareth Burrows Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Anyone who missed this at DiverSE or Eurotek last year would really enjoy the discussion it creates about safety and keeping safe. This presentation was largely responsible for me developing my "Keeping Safe, Staying Safe" talk which I have delivered to several dive clubs. Gareth is an excellent speaker and his presentation is extremely well researched. This one gets my thumbs up.