1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knog Qudos GoPro Dive light

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by snowman, Jun 22, 2015.

1. snowman

snowman Active Member

I've no axe to grind here, but being in the market for a light suitable for diving with for my GoPro, I've been impressed by reviews and videos with the Qudos and https://www.surfdome.com/knog_camer...e=Struq&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=Struq is a great price for one.

I've just bought one, so I thought I'd share the link.

Use or ignore as you see fit, but it's a good price, especially for the black version.

M

2. Sidemount_Stu

Sidemount_Stu Sidemount & Sane!
    Staff Member

Bare in mind it's only rated to 40m (static pressure) and if you mount as shown on their web page you'll get a lovely video of backscatter and not a lot else... especially in the UK, or in wrecks where there is rust particulate etc.....

3. snowman

snowman Active Member

Of course, it's not PERFECT, but it's good value for what it offers.

And I'm baring nothing in UK waters :D

M.

Sidemount_Stu likes this.
  4. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you used it in anger yet?

5. snowman

snowman Active Member

No, only just arrived today, but plenty of positive reviews and videos around.

M.

6. snowman

snowman Active Member

I have used it in 'anger' now (albeit in the reliable Mediterranean, but I'm not going to apologise for an odd couple of days in blue water :cool:) and it worked well down to 34m.

Sure you do get back scatter mounting it next to a GoPro, but I'm sure you could rig up a flexible arm if it really bothers you. Bright enough to double as a dive torch inside the Um El Faroud and in a couple of little swim throughs too.

Certainly a workable option and good for the price.

When I get more than a few minutes, I'll post up a video of it in action.

M.