1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kent tooling/diving products frame

Discussion in 'Rebreathers Closed and Semi Closed Circuit' started by Vanny, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Couple of pics of my RB in its newish frame from that nice man John at kent tooling. This is more a celebration of me actually discovering a way of getting pics into a thread so really I'm just showing off. Really happy with the frame, easy to use and dive. John says he's making some cave/wreck type cover to protect the back more, although after a week in and around scapa wrecks we survived unscathed.

image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

Joe and Doomanic like this.
  2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

I've noticed that the pictures sometimes rotate. For the best results you need to edit the pictures off your phone on some kind of image editor - Picassa for example. They're best sized at 800 to 1000 wide and do some compression on the pictures.

The other alternative is to use a photo 'bucket' website such as http://tinypic.com/ who host the picture and will give you the link to insert into your posting.

Vanny likes this.
  3. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Ok ta. Are you saying these images have rotated? They look ok to me. Appreciate the advice for the future.

4. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

There's something about phone pictures knowing which way up they are, i.e. when you've taken the picture with the phone in portrait or landscape, or even upside down. I think when the pictures are uploaded to the forum this info doesn't work on people other than yourself -- your system knows about these images, mine doesn't.

So here's a screenshot that I see (hosted on TinyPic - choose the option for "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards")
    [​IMG]

5. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Ah ok must try harder!

6. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Would be interesting to see if those pictures work using TinyPic - try posting them using that.

7. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

That's certainly a lot neater-looking than the older SS travel frame.
    (That I sold to Dom...)

Vanny likes this.
  8. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

It certainly is.

9. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Come on then, share your precious with us.

10. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Eh? You've seen mine many times. Fnarr.

11. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Trouble is, all rebreathers look the same to me. Of course if you had a proper twinset we could talk for hours over the differences in cylinder types...