1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just an hand

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Nicola, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Nicola

Nicola New Member

Hi guys, i'm a biomedical engineer and with my friend are trying to create a bracelet with some sensors that allows people to control other devices with their finger movements.

Do you think can be useful for diving?
    In case it does, how would you realize? a whole bracelet or just a module that can bu put under the watchband?
    Color? material?
    what is the most frustrating thing that occur when you are diving and involves the technology that you usually use?
    thank you very much guys hope you can help me to sorti it out!

Nicola

2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't imagine what use it will be. What other applications do you have in mind?

3. 290315

290315 New Member

Sorry but I'm struggling to grasp what this is, can you elaborate on 'a bracelet with some sensors'?!

4. NickPicks

NickPicks Active Member

Is this anything to do with the 'wearable tech' topic that was on 'The Apprentice' just as you posted this thread?

Does 'controlling other devices with their finger movements' have any advantage over 'pressing actual buttons or screens on devices with the actual fingers'?

5. NickPicks

NickPicks Active Member

I had another thought about using a wrist sensor to capture finger movement (I presume you're capturing the movement of the tendons). How will you avoid confusion with 'non-control-intended' movements? It would be a bit unfortunate that while you're trying to tease a lobster out of its hiding place, your sensor decides that those random movements happen to be the same finger movements as resetting your computer to rich nitrox instead of the air you're actually breathing, which then allows you to stay underwater much longer than your actual ndl time.

6. 290315

290315 New Member

I'm wondering how it would interpret the numerous 'wanker' gestures I make to my buddy......

7. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

It would assume you are in trouble and inflate all bouyancy devices. ;)

8. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Something to operate valves would be awesome. :D

9. j_b

j_b Well-Known Member

Like fingers and thumbs?