1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It isn't cold

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Vanny, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Officially it isn't cold , yes it's trying to snow , yes I spent half an hour outside sorting kit for a pool session at Basildon Sunday and froze but the official marker for "it's cold" is when your postie wears long trousers and mine just knocked and was still in SHORTS ! So it ain't cold yet. I need a hot choccy ......

Zubar likes this.
  2. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

In Portland it never gets cold as the posties here wear shorts all through the winter, the sea swimmers keep going, and the Christmas Day harbour swim in Weymouth is well attended.

3. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

It must be an age thing, it feels bloody cold in Suffolk today. I'm going to a BSAC lecture tonight about 25m away - sleet and hail forecast. The good thing is that I think that I'll be able to finish the SD course with a week in Malta in January.

4. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Boooooo

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Is Portland near Newcastle?

6. nickb

nickb Active Member

Has that 6th finger come through yet?

7. Fitzlions

Fitzlions New Member

There’s no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wibble likes this.
  8. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

my postie wears shorts all year round. My brother lives in Penzance and last year when it snowed he still never got long trousers out. it takes a lot to get him to change out of flip flops