1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hughada - Makadi Bay

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Iain Denham, May 11, 2016.

1. Iain Denham

Iain Denham Active Member

Usually go Sharm/Dahab area so new to us hard coral was quite poor in places and the soft coral was sparse but good.

Usual fish to be seen but plenty of Giant Moray and Turtles.

Salem Express was a reasonable dive as was Hashish lagoon and and the hotel reef was quite exceptional.

Dived with PDL divers who were quite good as we could go unguided and if guided could stay until our air ran out plenty of 70 to 80 minute single tank dives.

Good trip but wouldn't go back to this area

Attached Files:

Chimpus and JohnL like this.
  2. hawk

hawk Doing It Rong
    UKD Supporter

Nice pics :)

Iain Denham likes this.
  3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Admit it, you took those pictures in the Sea Life aquarium in Brighton!

Amazing photos. So clear and warm

Iain Denham and JohnL like this.
  4. Iain Denham

Iain Denham Active Member

Ha ha no just point and shoot camera with no filter at about 15/20m I have better footage on my go pro but have an issue with recovering the film got some great shots of Salem Express and a free swimming giant Moray, a face to face encounter with a blue spotted stingray, more turtle and all the usual stuff.

I cant be arsed with all the strobes and filters ect (although I do have one for the go pro) I prefer just to shoot if it comes out then great.

5. Col__M

Col__M Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Fair play Iain. The image of the turtle is really nice. :thumb: