1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HMS Royal Oak Survey Documentary

Discussion in 'Shipwrecks' started by nickb, Oct 14, 2020.

1. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Over the winter of 2018/19 I was lucky enough to be part of a team put together to survey the wreck of HMS Royal Oak.

She was sunk by a U-boat in Scapa Flow on 14th October 1939 and the survey was done, with the permission of the Royal Navy, to mark the 80th anniversary of that tragic event which saw the loss of 835 men & boys.

A mini-documentary has been released today to mark the 81st anniversary...

splinter, Wibble, Big Joe and 4 others like this.
  2. splinter

splinter Active Member

What a privilege to be part of a project like that. Thanks for sharing the video. I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk