1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Hey you guys!”

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by B€N, Jun 13, 2019.

1. B€N

B€N New Member

Hi Vanny,

That was my initial thought to be honest and the PADI dive company I use when we’re away are brilliant. Would you say there’s been any disadvantage to starting with PADI then going down the BSAC route later on for your 2?

2. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

No not really. As PADI OW they would crossover to BSAC ocean diver , bit of theory input to crossover and some skills and there done. For mine crossing over it wasn’t too tricky but then I’m club chairman and an instructor so not too many arguments if any to win :smuggrin , seriously in a forward thinking club there shouldn’t be any issue , it’s just there’s a lot of (v good) content in OD that can get a bit heavy for youngsters. With a bit more maturity and education sports is ok and as a holiday activity it’s something they’ll remember.

B€N likes this.
  3. kingo1984

kingo1984 New Member

Hi Ben. What area are you located?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. B€N

B€N New Member

Staffordshire mate, what about yourself?

kingo1984 likes this.
  5. kingo1984

kingo1984 New Member

Im in Manchester. I am in the process of doing the same as you. Looking for some keen divers to head out to different spots. There is a BSAC in Droylsden that arrange trips out regular. It's every Thursday at 8pm. Well worth it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk