1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed in Northumberland

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Ella Pearson, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Ella Pearson

Ella Pearson New Member

Hi I hope this OK to post, I'm desperately trying to find help for a family from Berwick Upon Tweed. 3 weeks ago, their 11 month old bulldog puppy had a tragic freak accident at Horncliffe on the River Tweed, he lost his balance, stumbled and his weight carried him forward over the bank he fell through the ice into the river. His owner frantically tried to reach him but the bank was too steep. His owner and locals have been searching along the banks of the river all day, every day since but we can't find him. Kayaks and 2 lads in dry suits from the RNLI have also looked along the river. Local fisherman believe Arfur the puppy will be close to where he fell in but we all hoped he would've been found by now. He was wearing a harness so he could be caught up on something. Our only hope is for a diver just to search the area where Arfur is believed to be. I've attached a picture of the river, the yellow marker is where Arfur went in & the green marker is where he is believed to be (this part of it is believed to be 40 foot deep) Please, please please can anyone help?

I've got everything crossed somebody can help, thank you.

Ella

Attached Files:

2. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Sorry to hear that. It may help you to contact local dive clubs. This link https://www.bsac.com/home/ takes you to the british sub aqua club website. Tick search dive clubs not snorkel and put your local post code in. Hopefully it’ll throw out some clubs near you with contact details.

I have to be honest and say at this time of year the river conditions may prevent divers from entering the water. The flow of the river and very little visabilty may make this search unviable.

Hopefully locals divers with local knowledge will be best placed to advise you.

3. Ella Pearson

Ella Pearson New Member

Thank you for your advise, it's very much appreciated best regards ella

4. kevin b

kevin b New Member

Contact Nic or James they have dive club in Blyth called fith point diving they may be able to help.

Ella Pearson likes this.
  5. Ella Pearson

Ella Pearson New Member

Thank you so very much

6. Ella Pearson

Ella Pearson New Member

Help still needed, please please can anybody help thank you

7. Ella Pearson

Ella Pearson New Member

Arfur has been found today :( thank you to those for your advice x

8. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry for the result. Unfortunately with the time of year and how cold it has been and the length of time he was missing I don’t think it was ever going to end well.