1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet torches - which ones?

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by Wibble, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Nope, for one I boltsnap them to the back of my helmet (I’ll get a picture on that to explain what I mean) and to be honest I would just use my other hand to stabilise it, worse case scenario and it happened during touch contact with the line, no harm in grabbing the line with your arm while your use your hand for a second

2. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Bolt snap makes sense, especially if it’s in place already to clip onto a standard shoulder D ring.

3. joe90

joe90 Member

No, none at all. And to be fair I have a tiny head, although I guess the hood makes it slightly more normal when diving. I use the thicker padding and have moved the cradle to the higher setting so the helmet fits well. I remember the first time I tried an Ecrin many years back and I hated it, there was no way to make it fit well and I felt like the mushroom of Super Mario! It was years later I inherited one and had a play with it, playing with the crown height and padding really changed it, now I much prefer it to my Elios.

Yeah, I use it for dry caving and diving. I have an Ecrin Best I was going to use for dry and the Roc for diving but can't be bothered moving the light about, plus it would mess up my colour scheme you know (guess I could always spray paint it ;) )

J

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

Tribal Chestnut likes this.