1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Brendan Miller, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Brendan Miller

Brendan Miller New Member

Just a quick g'day to you all.
    Obviously an Australian (married to a Brit) but now living between Cambridge and Beijing.
    Did most of my diving in the early 90's (showing my age) in New Guinea and the Solomon Islands. Mainly wreck dives. As I moved countries I would go and try to explore the local dive sites so have been lucky to have dived in Australia, New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, and Egypt. All tropical diving, I've never experienced cold water dives.
    Slowing down a bit now but about to get my daughter into diving so who knows, might start to do more.

NickPicks likes this.
  2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome Brendan, sounds like you've hit a lot of good places and when diving was in it's prime too.

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Places to dream of. Somewhat different to UK diving where you need to learn to be happy with what you get.

I'm an avid listener to the podcast "Speaking Sidemount" which is hosted by a Kiwi who mentions a lot of those dive sites. Highly recommended to anyone interested in Scuba, not just sidemount.

Thoroughly recommend Scapa and the Farne Islands if the temptation for colder diving ever attracted you.

Welcome to the forum

4. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Welcome Brendan, you are just a youngster - I did my first two (try) dives in the 1950s but didn't take it up again until 2015. You've been to some wonderful places; as the guys say, there are good sites here and a few more challenges in cold tidal water.