1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Fitzlions, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Fitzlions

Fitzlions New Member

Hi all

I’m a recently qualified OW (drysuit) diver keen to get as much experience as possible. I’ve lurked on this forum for quite a while. Thanks to all who have contributed, it is a really valuable resource, particularly for a newbie like me.

I’m based in London and Wraysbury is my local muddy puddle. I’m really interested in exploring the south coast shore dives (swanage, chesil) before graduating to boat dives.

Cheers

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Welcome Mark, just at the start of your journey into diving. I went the PADI OW/AOW/Nitrox/Dry Suit route and I'm now taking BSAC Sports Diver. For holiday diving, PADI gets you going quickly and competently to participate in guided dives. If you want to dive independently (with a buddy, of course), I feel that BSAC gives you a much better base. The main thing is to enjoy blowing bubbles.

3. Fitzlions

Fitzlions New Member

Thanks John, I’ve been looking into joining Hellfins or the Richmond club and working towards sport diver. The other course I’m keen to do in the near future is GUE Fundamentals. I don’t plan to go for any particular “pass”; I just want to get as good a grounding as possible in the basics. I also like the GUE philosophy.

Cheers

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

When any of our lot leave and move to the smoke, the No1 outfit they checkout and inevitably join is Hellfins.

We now tell them not to even bother looking elsewhere, just join :)

5. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

This is what I've heard also. Luckily I left the smoke 16 months ago and don't regret it for a femtosecond.