1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Scottish Diver, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Scottish Diver

Scottish Diver New Member

Hi all,

Thanks for what has so far proven to be a good resource of information!

I'm Chris, based just South of London. im hoping to get the opportunity to dive more in this region having qualified last year!

Thanks for now!
    Chris

JohnL likes this.
  2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Not a million miles from me (Born and bred in Kingston/Surbiton).

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Hi Chris

Lots of good stuff to dive south of you. Have you dived in the UK yet?

4. Scottish Diver

Scottish Diver New Member

Hi!

I did live quite nearby to you JB but I've moved a bit further south closer to Gatwick now.

Not properly Wibble - I've done the various quarries (Wraysbury, Vobster, NDAC) but not the sea yet. Having recently joined a club I'm looking forward to getting out soon - hopefully my first UK outing will be this weekend!

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

If your club's good, use them. Otherwise Newhaven Scuba's worth looking at as they're an active PADI outfit with a RIB. They will match you up with other suitable divers for your first sea dives.

Further west is Selsea with a similarly active shop.

Alas the weather's a bit crap this year. I'm betting on a brilliant equinox to do some catch-up diving.