1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kevin eaton, Jun 21, 2012.

1. kevin eaton

kevin eaton New Member

hi everyone!

2. billy burgess

billy burgess Active Member

G'day mate and welcome to the forum :)

3. chris-the-sham

chris-the-sham Active Member

4. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

How do! Tell us about your diving self :)

C

5. kevin eaton

kevin eaton New Member

well, been diving for about 8 years on and off. been to some fab places, ningaloo, great barrier, maldives, egypt, cozumel, phillipines, zanzibar. its always a good excuse to go on holiday! still only have my open water - every time i go i think...should do advanced but then cant be bothered and just dive instead! fancy port moreseby next...working on it! im selling my underwater videography/photography kit ...see the link if you are interesred! http://ukdivers.com/community/threa...sea-underwater-housing-wide-angle-lens.12036/

6. adiverslife

adiverslife New Member

Hello everyone. I just joined. I have been diving for 34 years. I have a YouTube channel called A Diver's Life and have been diving all over the world from various parts of the Caribbean, Micronesia, Fiji, Australia, California, the New England East Coast, Nova Scotia, and other cool places. My passion is underwater videography and storytelling. Our latest video is . I hope you and learn a bit about Bonaire history. Bonaire is a dutch island in the southern Caribbean world renowned for its diving and in particular shore diving.
    I look forward to interact with this wonderful dive community.

Chimpus and Wibble like this.
  7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Lovely. Nice video. Really like the way you've added the annotations.

"Luckily the water's cooled to 26 Celsius" :)

Was so nice to see that in the middle of our continuing lockdown; freezing outside.

8. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Not freezing. When I last went swimming in the sea (some hours ago) I was told it was 5c. It felt quite cool and I resolved to seek to swim on the less sheltered side, where waters exchange more freely and the temprature is a toasty 8c.

Wibble likes this.
  9. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Oh do stick the knife in :)

Is that free swimming (as in swimming not diving)?

10. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Whilst some are equipped with fins and snorkel, and sometimes a spear, I just do plain surface swimming wearing wetsuit, neoprene hat, gloves, and socks, and with a float in tow. I do see plenty of nutters without proper thermal protection but most of them aren't in for long, and sometimes they look close to hypothermia soon after emerge.

Wibble likes this.
  11. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Which is one of the great benefits of living where you do, so close to the sea that even Plod can't argue.