1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! New member & new (ish) diver checking in

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MaxTorque, Apr 6, 2021 at 8:51 PM.

1. MaxTorque

MaxTorque New Member

Hi All,

New member here, and new diver too!

I first dived (dove?) when at Portsmouth Uni, more years ago than i like to remember, and then had a long dry spell, until the end of 2019 when i recertified (PADI AOW) whilst out on holiday in Thailand. Was super lucky to get an entirely 1:1 course from a really good instructor.

Came back to the UK determined to get some UK diving experience and er, lockdown happened DOH I have started but not completed my Drysuit and Nitrox courses with SSI, and Stoney is my local puddle, so i'd love to meet up with other Stoney divers who perhaps wouldn't mind a newbee tagging along sometimes and could share some of their experience etc :)

Looking also to do some sea shore dives and then some boat dives to get my experience level up. I'd probably describe myself as cautiously competent, and understanding there is a lot to learn and practice skills and equipment wise.

MaxT

Iain Denham and NickPicks like this.
  2. NickPicks

NickPicks Super Moderator

Welcome!
    I also went to Portsmouth (it was still a Polytechnic at the time!) and regret not learning to dive then - I waited until 20 years later!

3. MaxTorque

MaxTorque New Member

Yup, Portsmouth was a Poly when i went there in the mid 1990's.

I didn't do that much diving, too much beer/partying obvs! Just some pool & shore dives