1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gue Fundamentals - Place Available Next Week (11-14 March 2011)

Discussion in 'Commercial Ad's' started by Gareth Burrows, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Gareth Burrows

Gareth Burrows Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi all

We have two people from this very parish doing a GUE Fundamentals course in the Midlands on 11th to the 14th March (Friday to Monday inclusive). I therefore have 1 place available for anyone that wants to make up a team of three. The course will give you confidence, build awareness, develop your personal skills, and make you a safer diver. If you are interested, or want to know some more, start reading here (http://www.divedir.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=271&Itemid=32) or just give me a call on 07876 147019. All kit can be provided where necessary.

G

2. miniman

miniman Member

Excuse my ignorance but there seems some conflict about whether doing this course is worth it or not. Could someone explain why Someone should/shouldn't do this course. I'm confused as they seem to teach some skills that are relevant to diving and surly any training is worthwhile. Me

3. Silty Bottom

Silty Bottom in DIRnial

Don't be fooled by some of the banter. GUE, by all accounts, have some excellent instructors delivering excellent training, as do a lot of other agencies and instructors out there.

It's up to you to decide if you want a prescriptive (dare I say restrictive?) training programme and regime with specifics on what kit or types of kit you can and can't use.

Might be an idea to raise questions elsewhere on the forum so Gareths Personal Ad doesn't get drawn into a debate;)

4. Gareth Burrows

Gareth Burrows Super Moderator
    Staff Member

5. miniman

miniman Member

No worries and thanks

6. PeterT

PeterT .

I've just deleted a bunch of off topic posts which were mainly just bickering and detracting from the subject.

Normal service is now resumed. ;)

7. Elvis

Elvis Banned

Erm bit pointless given the course was last weekend..............

8. PeterT

PeterT .

I know, but visitors will still visit the thread and I am sure the event will be repeated at some time. ;)

9. Jenkins

Jenkins Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.

Title edited to include date and avoid confusion.