1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gran Canaria?

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by JohnL, Jun 23, 2018.

1. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Looking at a trip to Gran Canaria next March. Anybody dived there recently, with recommendations - trying to find diving near a quiet resort, we are not clubbers!

2. JasonP

JasonP Active Member

A very long time ago, I dived with Top Diving in Puerto Rico. They're still there. Use Google maps to check your hotel isn't on the top of a cliff

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

3. Wullie

Wullie New Member

I dived with www.prdiving.com and if you are staying nearby I'd recommend them. Arinaga - a marine reserve was amazing. Dived the same spot twice a day for 7 days. Not once boring.

Steve Quick likes this.
  4. Steve Quick

Steve Quick New Member

agree with Wullie, have dived with PRD and was awesome, they have new owners now but still dive the same sites, pick you up if needed, i dived with Rubicon Diving in lanzarote, playa blanca, good outfit and you can dive the Museo Atlantico underwater museum with them.

5. 60plus

60plus Member

I have never dived (just snorkeled) in Gran Canaria. Puerto Rico is noisy - discos till 4 in the morning and quite steep long walks from most hotels to the beach. Whilst I was there a scuba diver got hooked by a fisherman, about a size 4 treble with a shrimp on it - quite nasty. I would try Mogan just a few miles along the coast. I have been on a submarine there and the visibility is very good with wrecks and fish. We enjoyed our holiday in Puerto Rico but mainly for things we did away from the resort. In Puerto Rico we got pestered by time share sellers and restaurant owners.