1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS - various harnesses for backplates -£5 delivered

Discussion in 'Personal Ads' started by JimmE, Aug 5, 2018.

1. JimmE

JimmE New Member

Now that I’ve standardised each of my backplates onto one-piece harnesses, I’ve some used-but-serviceable harnesses going spare.

I’ve had a quick look over them and whilst there is some wear to the webbing, all are good for use for a while longer yet.

I’ve been through the spares box and will include the D-rings and tri-glides that I think[/] you’ll need to reassemble these.

Note that only one has a belt buckle for the waist strap. You may also want to add/move a D-ring/tri-glide here or there to suit your preference.

Each is available for £5 inc postage to mainland UK, so pretty much free just covering p&p.

Number 1
    I *think* this might be an old ‘Combro’ harness. Big rings to give a comfortable angle on shoulder/waist straps. Adjustable one side, break/clip on the other side. One part has been unstitched but could be restitchdd or joined using a tri-glide.

[​IMG]

Number 2
    Unknown harness. Has a break/clip on both shoulders, also easily adjustable both sides like a BCD. Webbing on this one is probably in best condition of the three. Also the only one of these three that I’ve never actually dived - came on a plastic backplate with a twin set I bought years ago. (Big toe not included.)

[​IMG]

Number 3
    This is a Dive Rite ‘Deluxe’ harness. Came with my first wing/backplate and dived until a few months before I did fundies last year. Some wear to the webbing around the backplate slots but it’s got plenty of dives left in it yet. Plastic clip on the chest strap has cracked / small piece missing but still holds, although I rarely used it. Single break/clip in the left shoulder - East to deploy to get back into a RIB. This one has a belt buckle.

[​IMG]

Lastly some Bowstone ‘comfort’ shoulder straps. Came on one of the above harnesses. Used but not by me. Free to the first person to ask who buys one of the above harnesses!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Oh wow! So you settled on the Dirzone buckle after trying all of these...

That's worth it just for all the D-rings and triglides alone.

3. JimmE

JimmE New Member

Not quite... only regularly dived the diverite one, the rest came on various backplates/twinsets/job lots of kit Imve picked up over the years.

Have cleared out most of the larger items already but after finally fitting the dirzone buckle to my spare backplate today, it was time to get rid of the rest of the harnesses.

However, whilst not wildly desirable they seemed too good to throw away, hence the offer above :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk