1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Upload And Image Placement Using Quick Reply

Discussion in 'Have You Seen.....?' started by PeterT, Mar 6, 2011.

1. PeterT

PeterT .

Everybody loves quick reply. Most forum software has implemented it in some form these days, but it tends to be lacking some functionality that means you often have to drag yourself back to the full editor page to achieve what you want, especially when it comes to attaching files to your messages.

XenForo allows you to upload files and place uploaded images into your posts right from the quick reply box when you're viewing a thread, you can then submit your message and it will be added to the discussion instantly.

... without ever leaving the page or opening a separate browser window.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

Images take a little longer to upload then suggested on the video, watch out for the upload bar at the top right of your screen to monitor the progress when testing/doing this yourself.

2. Major Clanger

Major Clanger P-Plated Meg Diver

Why can't I upload an image from my laptop? It keeps saying error uploading.

3. PeterT

PeterT .

Can you tell me the file size of the image ?

4. Major Clanger

51kb.

5. PeterT

PeterT .

Strange will investigate.

Major Clanger likes this.
  6. PeterT

PeterT .

[​IMG]
    Working now I think, I love the click on image feature, you can pan around the full size image.

Attached Files:

#6 PeterT, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  7. Major Clanger

8. bigbird

bigbird Active Member

i accidently dragged and dropped a photo onto a page on here..and it appeared..luckily i never posted it lol