1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farne islands recommendations?....

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Suffolkmatireland, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Suffolkmatireland

Hi all. Does anyone have any suggestions of operators for the Farnes to see if they are operating at all and if they have any space coming up over the next couple of months please?

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

There's a few operating out of there. The "shuttle" service is one of Billy Shiels' fleet.

Had a look myself and came to the conclusion that it'll be necessary to call them as the websites aren't particularly up to date.

3. Vanny

Vanny Well-Known Member

We go with lee hall , farnes Diving ? Great skipper not great at communicating though. There all family so try em all !

4. splinter

splinter Active Member

I've been out with Sovereign and Billy Shiel. Both been good. I prefer Sovereigns boats. Big catamaran so more stable and spacious.

I'm not sure if either are operating dive trips yet. Nothing showing on Facebook, but Billy is running boat trips out to the islands. I'm heading up this Friday. I'm still not diving yet, but I'm taking the family for a seal watching trip.

5. AndyW

AndyW Member

With a group, Lee Hall & Farne Diving Services everytime. He's a good guy and won't just drop you in the easiest spot for him to get home for tea. His accomodation in Beadnell is fantastic too.

Just a couple of you, then Billy Shiels will get the job done. He's got a load of boats up there and will run them to suit demand. So spaces are easy to come by. Although I once ended up on his Biggie which takes about 30 divers. That's a little bit too busy in the water

Graysyid likes this.
  6. Suffolkmatireland

Thanks all, i will try calling then rather than online to see what if anything is happening, but at least there doesn't seem to be anyone to avoid (so far!)

7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Could you let us know what you found out about spaces please. Keep thinking about doing a weekend up there as it's a nice place to be and with some decent diving too.

8. Suffolkmatireland

From what i can gather weekends are stacked out at the moment

9. splinter

splinter Active Member

Billy Shiel is running regular dive trips again. Not sure on availability, but ring 07799666573 to speak to him. £50 for the dives, tenner cylinder hire and 6 quid a fill.

Lovely day up here today on one of the seal watching cruises. Not that many seals, but we were close to high tide. Loads of puffins. Vis looked pretty good. I really missed that I wasnt here diving.

I've been banished to the car while my kids go for ice cream, after my shorts pretty much disintegrated on the beach. Anyone would think I embarrass them!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Suffolkmatireland likes this.
  10. Graysyid

Graysyid Active Member

I went with Farnes diving, couldn't fault them. we had six on the boat and amazing seal interaction

Suffolkmatireland likes this.
  11. Suffolkmatireland

We are booked with Billy Shiels, really looking forward to it

splinter and Wibble like this.