1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploring a local pond...

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Samantha CoolBeans, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

Looked at the water earlier and it didn't look forgiving and I'm not sure forgiveness would be relevant

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Maelstrom is probably more accurate -- suspect that Portland is taking quite a battering tonight.

3. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Dave , what's it looking like , meant to be there Friday for Illinois and Saturday for M2??

4. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

Had a look at Chesil, and played dodge the wave. Water looked a bit sandy (but that settles fast) with stuff floating in it. A dead dolphin washed up yesterday.

Friday is canned but Saturday forecast seems to be improving. sea colour inshore isn't looking pretty. M2 could be okay but if we go out it will be further.

5. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Thanks for that. Got the message re Friday. Still on for the M2 Saturday so fingers crossed for a bit of viz. might see you about.

6. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Are there spaces for the M2 on Saturday? Which boat? There's two of us needing a dive!

7. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Yes. Www.scimitardiving.co.uk

Spaces Sunday as well. Good ropes off times. I see nicks comment re vis. Can't say I expect much but we'll go look. 2 dive day so pies between dives will be worth it. I get you can go to NDAC but we've got all winter to do that so I'm gonna give it a go. I've got 150 bar of 11/54 to blow off so I'd rather waste my tenner in the sea :coldfeet:

8. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

That's funny. What can us bubble blowers get for a tenner... A twinset of 18/45 is £70+. For a tenner I can get 32%

Totally agree about going diving. NDAC's just out of the sheer frustration that this is the third time we've be cancelled on a deeper dive in the last two months.

9. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Yeah get that. I lost 4 days at swanage and should've been diving deeper tomorrow but no go. Think you just book a load and hope to get some done, bit frustrating really but I guess that's part of the game.