1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment insurance

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Graysyid, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Graysyid

Graysyid Member

Hi

Just wondered if people bother insuring their equipment and if so who do you use? Just Drysuit, BCD, Regs etc. No tech gear.

Off to Farnes Thiursday, so i should imagine it will be left in the car at some point.

2. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Ours is detailed on our house insurance, in the car , lost etc. Does include specifically my ccr but suits comps torches are generally expensive enough whether “tech” or not.

Graysyid likes this.
  3. timmyg

timmyg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

A few years back my car was broken into & £10k worth of kit was stolen. Needless to say neither my car or house insurance would cover the full value. Luckily I got most of it back as it was found for sale on Gumtree.

Now I use Divemaster as it specifically covers kit if kept in a car.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk

Graysyid likes this.
  4. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

What was the outcome of that? Was the scrote prosecuted for it? Was the kit you recovered damaged? Sting operation?

5. timmyg

timmyg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I got most of my kit back. Not sure what happened to the perp. The police know who did it but they couldn't track him. But that's old news.

TG

Wibble likes this.