1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emigration insurance?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Phil Davison, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Phil Davison

Phil Davison New Member

Hi All,

I'm emigrating to Australia from the UK in September and am looking for some tips on insurance.

I have about £1000 of diver gear and £5000 of camera gear that I will be taking with me so need a decent policy. We're stopping in Thailand for a couple of weeks diving along the way. The thing is that most policies need you to be starting and ending your trip int he same country.

Also looking at dive cover, do I need a dive insurance policy from DAN Europe since we start the trip in the UK, or DAN Asia Pacific since that is where we will be living at the end of the trip?!

Thanks for any tips!
    Phil

2. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Drop Westfield an email.

We've had trips that had elements that fell foul of the standard T&C,
    It went to the underwriters who signed it off as ok under just one
    easy to follow condition.

Worth an ask,

http://www.divinginsuranceuk.com/

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Maybe you need AsiaPac insurance that covers you in the UK?

But call Westfield. They should be able to talk to their underwriters for special needs.