1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Egypt - South and St Johns liveaboard

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by Graysyid, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Graysyid

Graysyid Active Member

Hi

My dive centre is sorting out a Liveaboard next October from Marsa Ghalib around the south and St john's. Not done a liveaboard yet and wondered what it was like around that part of the red sea. A couple of DMs weren't that impressed by the itinerary? The Mrs doesn't dive and neither does my dive buddys wife, but they are keen to just soak up the sun on the boat.

2. mikemelville

mikemelville New Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Big Joe

Big Joe Active Member

Went there on Emperor Elite with half a dozen others, including the wife who also dives. Although she didn't go on every dive, we enjoyed it. Depends what you are looking for - we had everything from coral to sharks. Not a great lot of rust to see. Food and service on the liveaboard is excellent.

Graysyid likes this.
  4. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

When we did South and St Johns it was one of the best trips to the Red Sea we've done, St Johns caves are great fun. Sure there are not really going to be any wrecks on that trip but for scenic views it's great.

I just flew back from Marsa Alam last night.

Graysyid likes this.