1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Egypt Liveaboard (Fatality)

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by bgdiver, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

You are correct. Don't know why it's ok.

CaptainPugwash likes this.
  2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

I'd lay money on it being the dive computers logging depth and insurance companies looking throug the logs to fing a reason for not paying out (ref. another thread). Computers don't show you diving in an overhead environment.

3. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

I suspect that the fundies-monkey is correct; insurance companies love finding reasons not to pay out.

4. Iain Denham

Iain Denham Active Member

LOL

5. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

A few off topic posts removed: sad topic - let's keep it respectful

6. snowman

snowman Active Member

I dived the Thistlegorm last December in a group of 4.

The 4 was myself, two AOW trainees and their instructor.

The two AOW trainees had done their OW training and then gone straight into AOW, so this was dive 8 and 9 for them as I recall.

Now, these two guys were fine, good buoyancy, youngish, fit, but not cocky and we had no problems at all on either dive, so I'm not going to say the instructor's judgement was wrong, but I wouldn't have taken two people with so little experience on the Thistlegorm, personally.

M

7. Sandro

Sandro Member

I do not understand if he was left without oxygen or jus panicked...

Doing things for which one is not trained for it is just a ticket for troubles... there is a big fault from the diving club too, in the US have been told to be careful to dive in some location in Mexico for example as the safety in these cases would have been "up to you"...

I am sure must have been an horrible sight...