1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drysuit socks. Will it stretch?

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by thomdyates, Feb 29, 2012.

1. thomdyates

thomdyates New Member

Had a new drysuit with compressed neoprene socks for about 2 months now, and they've really starting to cramp my toes now. Didn't notice it at first, but after a few lengthy dives I can barely feel my toes.

I don't have rock boots at the moment so I just chuck my wetsuit boots on over the top for some grip, so I've been diving without the boots and still the same problem.

So will they stretch?

2. Silty Bottom

Silty Bottom in DIRnial

I wouldn't have thought so :( have you tried different socks on your feet?

3. thomdyates

thomdyates New Member

Yea I usually wear the 4th Element socks which are quite thick, so I left them off for a few dives but still pinches me toes.

4. Big Joe

Big Joe Active Member

Could it be that your wetsuit boots are too small? I wear 10s in bare feet, but 12s over my dry suit socks.

5. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

You need these;
    [​IMG]
    Or these;
    [​IMG]

6. thomdyates

thomdyates New Member

Found some small trainers to put inside for now, if that doesn't work... newspaper, raincoats, and Huey Lewis.

7. Jenkins

Jenkins Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.

I assume you are using rockboots?

Are you 100% certain it's the drysuit and not the overboots which are restricting your toes - might they be too small or too narrow a fit?

Do the socks ruck-up and pinch on your toes when you slip your feet into the rockboots?

Rockbooks are much chunkier than most other diving footwear - is it possible that it's your fins which need to go up a size to accommodate the boots.

Neoprene won't stretch much so unfortunatly if it is the neo socks I suspect you will have to look into getting them replaced with larger ones.

8. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

May sound odd but make sure your toenails are trimmed short. I find my toes(and fingers) are more uncomfortable if my nails are not nicely trimmed.

C

9. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Wet the boots before ou put them on and they may stretch more easily.

10. big si

big si Well-Known Member

Just cut your feet off, problem solved....... or give up diving, sell all your gear and put the money towards a nice TV.