1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dry suit sizing.

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by sam51, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

You don't need to use the drygloves, but you will have to use one of the dryglove ring systems to attach the silicone seals as they can't be glued on.
    You don't do much UK diving, do you? :D

2. sam51

sam51 Member

no not much uk diving , I'm afraid, 1 is i don't have any one to dive with, 2 some of the clubs ive joined are are a bit clicky
    and 3 the weather, and vis, just been to the south coast for 3 days non diving, a diver at my b&b out of a 3 day trip got one dive in,
    due to currents and winds, thats besides the point, he told me the vis on south coast is not good , but cornwell is good.
    but is over 300 miles away, i do have guildenburgh and stoney close to me, lol.

3. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

1. You can ask on here for buddies, it's how I got started with UK diving.
    2. And that's why I've never joined a club. Keep trying though, if that's your thing, they're not all bad. Apparently.
    3. Yes, weather can be a problem. I managed two weekends in the sea last year, although I am very picky about what I'll use a pink pass for. Vis, if you are used to the Red Sea/Med/Caribbean can be a challenge, but who wants easy?
    Where on the South Coast? @barrygoss was in Plymouth last weekend and I think he dived every day.

I've never been to Guilenbog, and have no intention of going, and I try to avoid Stoney as much as possible; I just don't find it very friendly. NDAC is much better; staff, facilities, depth all better than Stoney. Stoney's saving grace is the Stanegarth.

4. sam51

sam51 Member

i was down weymouth way, done diving a lot world wide, but i know there is a lot to see, uk diving wise ,
    challenger diving is not a problem, just like to see things, don't have a lust for rust, but if some fish life very happy.
    i would like to dive with you guys, so when i can ill ask whats available.
    thank you sam.