1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dorset clubs/schools...?

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Suffolkmatireland, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Suffolkmatireland

Suffolkmatireland New Member

Hi all, so my dry suit will be due a service in August, so I was thinking about trying to tie in a mini Dive holiday on the south coast either before or after dropping it off, this will be around mid August time. The last time I dived from the south coast was a few years back and the shop I went with have packed up. Can anyone recommend anyone who is worth contacting? I would prefer to Dive around Weymouth/Portland (as that’s where I am from originally) but I can be pretty flexible

Cheers

Mat

2. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Get in touch with Swanwick Divers on Facebook.

They seem like a decent bunch, generally, and are always diving out of Weymouth/Portland.

Suffolkmatireland likes this.
  3. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Couple of BSAC clubs at Weymouth/Portland , they may take guests. Probably help if your BSAC

4. Suffolkmatireland

Alas i am only PADI at the mo, but thank you

5. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Swanwick has loads of PADI types so you’d fit in.

6. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Swanwick is loosely affiliated with Andark and are just 'online' via the facebook stalking and tracking network. They were put together to allow post-trainees to go diving and get experience.

@Depthdevil is a member.

7. Depthdevil

Depthdevil New Member

Swanwick divers has been formed, so that divers just out from training can break into the uk diving scene. It’s ok for us oldies as we know where to go and what to do. A lot of people don’t, and miss out on uk diving. We are always trying to organise one day a weekend, for simple boat dives. This could be 5m on the dredger wreck, or anything up to 18m on the Blackhawk bow or a scallop drift. Occasionally, we will try for a 30m dive to get people used to it. This is all about meeting and joining in. You will never not have a buddy to dive with, if you come out with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

As I am, just never dived with them.

@clique is too.

9. phantomlurker

phantomlurker Member

And myself. Would have been out with them for the first time tomorrow if it hadn't been blown out :(

10. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Me too, have dived with them several times, really nice bunch. Just not a 'member' of fb.

phantomlurker likes this.
  11. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

Try Dive Beyond in Portland. They can offer any PADI stuff you want and have boats available.

12. Suffolkmatireland

Lovely, are week days as viable as well?

13. Depthdevil

Depthdevil New Member

Not usually, although there are lots of sub groups who can get days in the week. I tend to dive with my usual bunch, and treat swanwick divers as a time to “help out”. I look at it like the old style club diving scene, where you may not know who you are going to dive with, and a newcomer might just appreciate having an old timer with them? A season or two of this and by then they are up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk