1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't pee your wetsuit...

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by Coldhands, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Coldhands

Coldhands New Member

You know how I'm always on the lookout for something to keep me toasty in the water - well has anyone ever used these: hot kidney belt? :crying:

I only found it by clicking on a Google ad which honest to God had the same title as this thread. Surely if you're under water longer you are more likely to pee your wetsuit?

There, I've made my contribution to serious and sophisticated discussions for the day...

2. Stephen Mitchell

Stephen Mitchell New Member

I used something very similar for years when I rode motorcycles as an instructor. Although the ones I had were small enough to place in my jacket pockets. They worked well although they were too hot to hold without the pouch they came with. They were good for best part of two hours in my pockets. Might be interesting to try these although you might need more than one set as I doubt they would last long enough for more than one dive.

3. Bobco

Bobco Active Member

I am sure I have seen these at Lids, so they are getting about. But I have never or rarely felt that cold to think of buying a set

4. Sakara Drinker

Sakara Drinker Posting Sh*te since 2005

I suppose the reference to peeing is that if you keep your core temp up the body won´t need dump fluid via the kidneys as part of its response to cooling.

I have seen the packs before in camping shops. The ones I had didn´t last an hour though, more like 30 mins. Never seen them in a belt for diving. Doesn´t seem like a bad idea. I would think about using one if the water temp was below 24 degC or so. :)

5. Gnomey

Gnomey Well-Known Member

I used to have one simalar to this. Heart shaped and it cost just £1.99. Lasted for about an hour aswell.

6. Jenkins

Jenkins Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.

I know afew technical divers who use battery operated heated belts on long dives. Infact one is on my wish list*

*wrekrab, remember it's only 2 months to my B'day ;):D:thumbup:

7. neilh

neilh Well-Known Member

John was trying one as well as a full waistcoat on the weekend - see here: http://www.amphibian-productions.com/diving/?p=130

8. Sakara Drinker

Quite fancy getting one of the vests for the bike. Looks good.

9. Suggsy

Suggsy Banned

Puff! :cool:

10. Sakara Drinker

A bit much don´t yer think? A warm water wuss I will admit to. :)

11. Suggsy

Suggsy Banned

...and now a gay biker!

12. scubadiver

scubadiver Member

You could always go to your nearest old peoples home and get some fresh catheter bags, they should stay warm for about an hour and you can top up as you fin along. You could even get tubes going from one bag all round your suit to another bag, central heating urine style!!!!! Just ask fellow divers to help refill them between dives, if your doing a couple of dives...

13. sazza

sazza New Member

im really not quiet sure where this thread is headed....i think i'll stay cold for now!!!