1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diving Sorrento, Italy

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by Graysyid, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Graysyid

Graysyid Member

Afternoon

I'm off to Sorrento, Italy late August and wondered if anyone had dived there. Only doing my deep speciality two days before at Stoney which would give me my AOW. Just wondered what the dives were like?

2. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

You will be able to answer the "When did you last dive?" at the dive centre with "two days ago". I managed "last Tuesday" on my last holiday, whereas most of the others were several months. Take it easy as a new AOW, much still to learn.

Graysyid likes this.
  3. Graysyid

Graysyid Member

Trust me, i'm under no illusion that I'll be experienced and won't be doing any diving beyond my limits.

4. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Most dive centres will buddy you up with someone appropriate and it'll be lead by the DiveMaster. Most Med holiday dives are shallow bimbles that aren't challenging and in busy centres they're very used to handling tourists' needs. In my limited Spanish (yes, not Italy) experience, you will be closely watched and managed until you can show your competence.

5. Iain Denham

Iain Denham Active Member

Am off to Sorrento in about 2 weeks for a non-diving holiday with the missus but she normally lets me j=have a day off diving if so I will come back and let you know if there is anything decent around.

6. Graysyid

Graysyid Member

Thanks Iain. When i mentioned diving with to my Mrs, she said that there won't be a lot of time as we are only going for a week. I told her that after a year of diving in stoney cove I'll make time.

Iain Denham, Wibble and JohnL like this.
  7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Do let us know what you find out -- off there in October for a week. Non-diving holiday, but could sneak in a cheeky one!

Iain Denham likes this.
  8. Graysyid

Graysyid Member

How was the holiday? Did you manage to sneak off for a dive?

9. Iain Denham

Iain Denham Active Member

Ahh mate forgot this thread.. Fantastic holiday wonderful place people etc etc one of the few places i would go back to, we were not by the sea but on the few looks little to see regarding Scuba so sorry cant be of help but deffo get up Versuvias, go Pompeii and Herculaneum and spend a good afternoon drinking and eating in the Bar Fauno its in the main square opposite a roundabout (thats square) endless fun over wine watching the Italians navigating the "squareabout" having no clue how to get round it.

Also you have to go to the O Parrucchiano restaurant this is one of the oldest and its where they invented Caneloni and I promise you will be amazed at the inside of the restaurant out back your in a Lemon grove, brilliant place.

Sorry again also for a laugh get on the Dotto Duo train tour up into the mountains, you look at the train, looks like a kids train but driven by a mad Italian with nibbles and drink tasters as you go good fun.,

10. Graysyid

Graysyid Member

Iain cheers for the advice. The scuba was just on the off chance and i'll probably just pop down to the harbour. Defo doing pompei, and thanks for the tips. first time away in italy and looking forward to blending in with the nutters