1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diving courses in the Philippines

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by James Hallows, Feb 11, 2018.

1. James Hallows

James Hallows New Member

I’m looking at spending some time in the Philippines during May/June, can anyone recommend any good dive centres for Rescue/DM courses?

Or even any that stick out as a good place to chill in the water for a few days?

Thanks in advance!

2. JasonP

JasonP Member

http://www.cebudivecentre.com

Moalboal is a nice place too, lots of backpackers, chilled out, good diving, and there aren't loads of girlie bars full of old men

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

3. terryb

terryb New Member

I'm going to that dive centre nextmonth so I will let u know how it goes

4. James Hallows

James Hallows New Member

Any help would be appreciated thanks! As I'm fortunate enough to have a bit of time down there, I'll probably find a dive shop I like and do a course(s) as i'm travelling around quite a bit.

5. JasonP

JasonP Member

6. James Hallows

James Hallows New Member

Cheers Jason, that was really insightful. I had thought on staying in Malapascua for about 10 days, so I’m glad you recommend less than a week.

I’m looking into doing a few courses to up my skill set. Would you recommend doing a speciality or two there?

7. JasonP

JasonP Member

Other than nitrox and drysuit, I wouldn't recommend doing them anywhere. Don't think you'll find anyone offering drysuit in the Philippines. :)