1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dive tables PADI rdp

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by anthonyexmouth, Mar 24, 2018.

1. anthonyexmouth

Hi, never thought about this before as usually only do max 2 shallow dives and well within time limits. How do you work out for multiple shallow "max 7m" dives? Do you just treat them as 10m dives?

2. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

At 6m you can basically never hit a decompression obligation. Dive sensibly to 7m and you could do hours with no worry.

The PADI tables? Yes, use 10m but the answer will be daft.

3. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Table-wise as been said not a problem can stay there all day, but ascent-wise can be a problem one that
    I learned the hard way :(

Instructors often have to do multiple ascents and descents for skills like Assisted Ascents and Controlled
    Buoyant Lifts (rescue) usually from 6-10m to surface, This repetitive action is a known cause of DCS and is why we
    are advised to limit such modules on the same day and even use Nitrox.

You don't actually say what you mean by "multiple shallow dives", but the above is worth considering if they
    are repetitive vertical descent/ascent.

4. anthonyexmouth

max 4 dives as that's the number of cylinders I have. I had been told at that depth it's sleep that would get to me before any other issues but wanted to run it past others. So no worries with short surface intervals. Just time for a slurp of coffee and swap cylinders