1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dive buggy

Discussion in 'Dive Buddy Finder' started by davedevine111, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Good to know - thanks!

2. davedevine111

davedevine111 New Member

Had to send drysuit in for a new zipper and he cant do it till the 6th anyway had a nice wet dive at snt Andrews quarry

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. davedevine111

davedevine111 New Member

Got the semi dry but dont think i got a wet dive in me anymore in this weather

4. John F

John F Active Member

Definitely the wrong time of year for a semi.

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

The man flu this winter's worse than ever... Ears still not clear so will have to bail out for Sunday. Need a couple of weeks -- weekend of 18th Jan?

6. John F

John F Active Member

That suits me as I had food poisoning on New Year’s Eve, didn’t even get a drink in. So I am feeling quite weak at the moment, so to put it back is fine by me. Also Dave mite have his suit back by then.

7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Was it a mucky kebab?

I've donated my man flu to SWMBO -- she's really suffering now ;)

Could we pencil in Saturday 18th rather than the Sunday?

8. John F

John F Active Member

It was dodgy calamari, on the mend now, just got no energy.
    Saturday the 18th is fine with me.

9. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Ouch.

Sat 18th. Anyone else want a nice simple bimble in NDAC?

10. Jason D

Jason D Member

Hi mate, I'm just the other side of dartford bridge, and looking for people to dive with. I dive bucklands occasionally as they let me dive solo, but looking to do deeper places. Hows st Andrew's, I havent tried that yet as I've had no one to dive it with.

11. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

St Andrews... I really like the people who run the facility, but I'm not a fan of the lake. It's a chalk pit which does have depth, 30m, but it's cold and the vis isn't great. Also not much to look at other than a few cars and truck (might be more, can't remember as it wasn't exciting). It is cold down there. Access is nice enough. They're solo hostile due to their insurance - which they did say they might be allowing solo in the future.

TBH Bucklands is more interesting as there's stuff to furkle with including the pump house which is 'cavern' level. They're solo friendly and said that they'd allow solo RB if you tow a blob.

Does anyone know if Holborough will ever re-open? I think the builders paid them off.

Have heard of Godstone (junction of M25 & M23). Never been there and didn't hear anything particularly good about it.

And then there's Wraysbury. At least it's reliably open and tolerates Solo diving.

12. davedevine111

davedevine111 New Member

Holborough is opening in a couple of weeks i heard snt Andrews has alot more in it now was there sunday bukland was pure green last time i went but will pop up there again in a couple of weeks as i do like what you can see in there when u can see in there lots of life in buckland i have a neoprene drysuit so cold dont really affect me

13. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Interesting about Holborough. Bet the parking's going to be crap as the developers want to squeeze every penny from the "home" owners.

14. davedevine111

davedevine111 New Member

I dont know what it was like before never went there but will go soon as it opens i know a fella that helps them lot out in his spare time he was telling me they are opening up very soon i have only been in the game a year so still have lots to explore wouldnt mind booking a shore dive somewhere

15. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Shore dives... Odd, but personally I've done very few of them in the south east UK as the currents run along the coast and can be quite strong, plus climbing over shingle's hard work! Have done hundreds of boat dives though!

The one shore dive I've done in Sussex was Newhaven sea wall which was quite nice. Enough to be interesting for one dive.

It's said that Brighton pier's a possibility. Issue is lugging kit unless there's a friendly shore-based person to do car-parking duties. I've dived the pier a couple of times from a boat and its an interesting dive; found a Chav's earring, thankfully without attached ear. Plenty of coins too.

Main issue with the south east is there's not a lot to look at close to the shore.

16. Jason D

Jason D Member

I've not done St Andrew's yet, so I'd like to give it a go, if it's any good I'll go back again.

Bucklands I've dived solo a few times on the rebreather and no mention of having an smb up. Havent needed it. Theres also a tunnel that goes under the car park, and road, through to the other lake, but you need to know how to find it ;) ;) as Dave said, it has had some vis issues with green..... stuff...... in the water, but last time I went it wasnt too bad.