1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID-19 and sofnolime

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by furryman, Mar 31, 2020.

1. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

Hi guys,
    My RB is not getting much use at the moment, so inspired by something I saw on Facebook I got in touch with my local hospital.
    Lo and behold, they are indeed running low on lime and responded very positively to an offer of a donation of a few kg (I explained it was non-indicating grade, but that didn’t seem to matter to them.).
    If any of you lot similarly have some relatively fresh lime going spare, I would encourage you to contact your local ITU hospital and see if it would help them out.

(And I hope we’re not in the same mess as Mexico, where some of the hospitals are contacting dive shops asking for donations of goggles as PPE for the staff!)

Tribal Chestnut and jps like this.
  2. splinter

splinter Active Member

I've not got round to buying any lo.e yet, so cant help with that.

I wonder if it's those full face snorkel masks they were after in Mexico. If so I've already seen a few calls for people to donate them to hospitals. Theres a 3d printed adapter to allow them to take a medical filter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

It was PPE for the medics they were after :(

And I dropped my lime down this morning: cue one very happy doctor!

nickb and splinter like this.
  4. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Good call. I've emailed my health board to see if I can do the same with mine.