1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of ghost fishing related articles..

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Suffolkmatireland, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Suffolkmatireland

2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I saw the submarine on Facebook and it seems pretty impressive, I think I've only dived a couple of subs (UB-116 in Scapa Flow and I-169 in Truk) but thing as impressive as that beast. Was a big improvement once it was all cleared of nets.

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Great photos. Amazing wreck with lots of artefacts. Do you have to wear orange drysuits when ghost fishing?

There's quite a few subs around Dover. Interesting to dive upon especially when you see the size of the hatches; 18 year olds are thin!

One of the things about the wrecks is the sheer amount of fish swimming around them. That there's nets caught up means the fish are safe from the trawlers.

4. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

The Dutch team are sponsored by Ursuit hence the orange drysuits

Wibble likes this.