1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning after holiday

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by JohnL, Oct 30, 2018.

1. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

I'm just back from Madeira where it was mid-20s on shore and made eight dives in salt water, wearing a light base underneath - so the dry suit is salty on the outside and sweaty on the inside :vomit:. I can shower it outside and inside and hang it with my electric fan hanger to dry the inside. Should I be using some sort of cleaner or is water good enough?

2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I just stick it in a bath of warm water nd leave it soaking for half an hour or so, regs, fins all the same. The only exception is a weysuit and boots where wee might be involved, then i put a bit of persil in the bath too and the water will likely be a bit hotter.

Clean fresh water is your friend.

If you have a p-valve on a drysuit though then clean water is good but Milton is better.

3. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Similar to JB, but if I’m bothering with a serious bath I’ll generally always use Milton.