1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change of Undersuit

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by reefer, Apr 19, 2018.

1. reefer

reefer Member

I took my Polar D into the store and compared to the Artic. In my opinion, the under suits are very similar material weight wise and overall bulkiness - to the extent I didn't bother trying it on. I'm in no way saying the Artics are bad - just too similar to my existing undersuit.

They did have a Whites / Aqualung Thermal Fusion in stock, but only a Medium size. I'm going to get them to order in my size to see how it measures up. Its interesting that they have the grill built into the Thermal fusion on the chest area, and also on the upper arm in the dump value area. I'd have to be absolutely certain before I forked out the best part of £300 though.

The Kwark looks interesting too, so I may make a trip up to Leeds to try one on.

Is there a benefit to going for an all in one suit? Other than the obvious one, that it can't end up separating once the suit is on. Could an all in one not impede the ability to perform valve drills in the future?

2. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

You’ll have no problems with a onesie that fits properly.

3. Cybes

Cybes Active Member

I moved from Arctics to a 400g last year. Much warmer. I prefer the one-piece arrangement. It fits and moves well. Maybe this is because it is a Santi cut.

The Arctics are now part of my bike gear. I won't be diving them again. I really didn't like having to pull all of the material up into my armpit to free up my arms.

I'm looking for a lighter undersuit for warmer water. I'm not sure what to go for. Santi do the Flex 190. I like their kit but have been thinking of the Kwark Navy for a while.

4. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

I did try the Santi BZ400 undersuit. I was hoping that it would be a cheaper alternative to heating. It wasn't and didn't really fit me that well under my drysuit. Pretty certain that it would have needed my drysuit legs modifying as it really is bulky.

Sent it back.

Note to self regarding my next made-to-measure drysuit... Wear thick underclothes when being measured, especially for the legs.

5. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Leg ‘tightness’ seems to be an annoying feature of a certain brand of suit.