1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certain Dive Shops

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by pitdiver, Aug 28, 2019.

1. pitdiver

pitdiver Active Member

I am in the middle of buying some new kit (Yes getting back in water). Whilst searching the net I came across a shop called "Deep Blue Dive Centre" I found something I thought might be useful so went ahead and ordered it'
    They seem to be mucking about a bit, has anybody had experience of this particular dealer?

Rob H

2. georgedavo

georgedavo Member

I've ordered from them twice before without issue.

I did however order a knife that they no longer stocked (a cheap beaver/northern diver one) and they upgraded me to an aqualung squeeze lock knife free of charge.

They gave me a call to sort it out rather than email, so maybe check your missed calls etc. if they're taking a while.

3. AndyW

AndyW Member

I bought a load of kit from them when I first started diving and didn't know better.
    I bought something else from them a couple of years later.

Both instances resulted in the worst service I've had from an online dive shop purchase. Their online stock statuses appear to be exceptionally optimistic.

They don't really sell anything I'd want these days, but even if they did (and offered a good price) I'd shop elsewhere.

If your order is imminently on its way, learn from it and shop elsewhere in future. If they're playing silly buggers, cancel and take your money elsewhere.

4. pitdiver

pitdiver Active Member

I odered something on Sunday night and paid next day delivery. Then realised the bank holiday was on the monday. So i expected it to be delivered today. It was marked in stock and they acknowledged the oder saying it was being processed.
    When I rang this morning by the person on the phonesaid he needed to speak to the "dive manager" and ring me back straight away
    No joy, so I rang back this afternoon to be told they are awaiting stock, hoping it will be in tomorrow.
    In such a competetive field some shops should get their act together. No wonder Simply Scuba are so sucessful.

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Cancel it? Especially as they're failed to do next day delivery (now late Weds).

What sort of thing did you buy?

(BTW Simply Scuba have had their moments - flogging old cylinders that almost needed a test as new for example. The difference is how they deal with problems; Simply Scuba have been pretty good in refunding & fixing problems)

6. pitdiver

pitdiver Active Member

It was nothing technical just an Aqualung bag that they were selling half price. We're going away in a couple of weeks time by car so I thought I'd by a new bag then it can be stuffed in the back of the car along with the others, I can on return put kit in it.
    I will wait to see if they ring me tomorrow if no joy again I will cancel order and make do with what we have. Or buy one from Go Outdoors

They did say they would refund the next day fee

7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

FWIW and in the true spirit of forums....

I bought one of these Northern Diver holdalls years ago and it’s been great. Strong and loads of room.

8. AndyW

AndyW Member

https://ebay.us/8k4yRb

These are often recommended, I picked one up for about £15 and you can fit a full set of kit in it pretty easily

StuartM likes this.
  9. pitdiver

pitdiver Active Member

10. AndyW

AndyW Member

You do like a duffell bag!

Anyway... that link shows exactly what the problem is with DeepBlue. You've raised an issue with them, they've responded and said "oh, sorry. We're waiting for stock". They're fully aware, yet the site still says it's in stock and they'll be happy to accept more orders with next day delivery that they know they can't fulfil.

11. pitdiver

pitdiver Active Member

I have now raised an issue with Paypal as I have not heard as of 1530hrs Thursday 29/08/2019. Will buy one from somewhere else.

12. pitdiver

pitdiver Active Member

Strange old world I have just received notification that my item is on it's way. Doubt if Paypal had any bearing on the matter. I just wonder wether it will arrive tomorrow?

13. snowman

snowman Active Member

I've bought from them a fair number of times and it's always been fine (Pretty sure my BCD and original regs came from them as a package).

I've never been in a huge rush for anything, though - Buying over the web is always a bit hit and miss for anything urgent...

M

14. StuartM

StuartM Member

I picked up one of those when my Mares one took months for them to repair, when the Mares finally got replaced I sold that and kept the deployment bag, superb bit of kit.