1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cenote dive trip with Under the Jungle

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Pisaster, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Pisaster

Pisaster New Member

A couple of years ago my wife and I went on a Cenote diving daytrip during our vacation on Cozumel.
    After that we decided that we would go again to Mexico and do a dedicated Cenote vacation.
    So in the beginning of this year it was finally that time, 7 days straight Cenote diving.

Because I like to shoot photo and video I took some time to research which diveshop would best fit our needs.
    I ended up booking de trip with Under the Jungle who made a bespoke divetrip for us.
    Every day the two of us and our guide went to locations at times that ensured we wouldn't be crowded and we could go the incredibly slow pace we are used to. :)
    This meant we got to have a beautiful divetrip that was exactly what we wanted.
    I can do nothing else than to highly recommend Under the Jungle, beautiful shop and really nice people.

And nearing the end of our trip they gave us a nice surprise.
    We went diving to a Cenote that was new to them and only a couple of people have dived there before.
    After a 4x4 trip through the jungle we ended up at the Cenote that was not yet exploited commercially.
    Exactly what I like, a true diving adventure.
    So I took the oppurtunity and shot some video, especially the sulphur layer was really impressive.
    Hope you enjoy the video as much as I did making it.

Graysyid and Tribal Chestnut like this.
  2. Pisaster

Pisaster New Member

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Wow. What a photo. Took a while to take it all in. Nice trim. Lovely lighting. Definitely not like UK cave diving!

4. Pisaster

Pisaster New Member

I tried to post some more pics but it took forever so I gave up.

Yeah I kind of love the crystal clear waters and the ridiculously beautiful light.
    Diving in Cenotes is just so peaceful.
    And different then the UK.
    But I must say, diving in Scapa Flow was fun too.

5. JasonP

JasonP Active Member

I don't think it's actually a cave, is it? It's a sinkhole with a sulphur dioxide layer similar to Angelita if I've googled the right one.