1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can 232 DIN be converted to a 300 bar DIN

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by Jimnibimnibob, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Jimnibimnibob

Jimnibimnibob New Member

Hi,

I have an Apeks 232 bar DIN and wondered if such a thing as an adapter exists where it can be converted to fit the longer thread on a 300 bar cylinder?

Cheers

Jimnibob

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

If it’s really a 232 bar regulator it will be a 300 bar one. How many thread turns are on the stem? A 300 bar stem has 7, a 200 bar has 5.

I’ve rarely seen a 200 bar first stage.

And don’t even think about getting an adaptor. Just change the stem if it’s a short one.

3. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Surely not. I didn't know they actually made 232 bar DIN (I've only seen 300s).

Why would you want to do that? Is it not simpler to just sell and replace it?

4. Jimnibimnibob

Jimnibimnibob New Member

Your right. I have checked and my Apeks can be used with a 300 bar cylinder.

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Just for clarity, you've got the 'standard' 300 bar male connector? This will work in 200, 232 and 300 bar female connectors (on the cylinders). It's quite rare to get a reg with the shorter 232 male connector; not aware of Apeks doing one for their modern regulators.