1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busted

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Andyjloft, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Andyjloft

Andyjloft Member

Banned from using the PCs at work, apparently I spend too much time perusing this forum. Bummer looks like it's going to be a long night shift.

2. NickPicks

NickPicks Active Member

You need tapatalk on your phone then.

3. Andyjloft

Andyjloft Member

Just installed it thanks

4. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

I've never used Tapatalk, preferring a normal browser. Is it any good?

5. Andyjloft

Andyjloft Member

Seems ok so far

6. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Interesting comments - there has been a fundamental change in work ethics. I left school straight to a job a long time ago. You were expected to get on with your work, with a short chat OK during a tea or coffee break (one in the morning, one in the afternoon). Long before computers, the equivalent, reading a paper or a book was totally out of order. Using the office telephone for personal calls was only in emergency, normally with your bosses agreement.
    There was much more control by bosses, whereas these days this responsibility has been passed to the individual.

Andyjloft and Zubar like this.
  7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Similar to listening to music in the office. Years ago this would have been anathema (not the band, although they have been going for 20 years). Now it's almost considered a right by younger people, even to the extent of demanding to use the company's Internet to deliver it! We had a call-centre person who was replying to emails who was most indignant that we wouldn't allow access to YouTube.... "What am I supposed to listen to" was the comment.

Anyway, I must haul my carcass into the office and stop this 'tworking'... There's lots of work to do!

Andyjloft and Zubar like this.