1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buddy smb

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by Alan Davies, May 17, 2017.

1. Alan Davies

Alan Davies Member

Hello again now I've started diving trying to get together the little things as I have a buddy pioneer td bcd I've found out it has a pocket for a smb which originally can with on I have two others but are a little big some I'm wandering if anyone has one for sale
    Thanks

2. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't bother.

Put a piston clip on your reel and a loop of bungy through the eye of the clip etc. and then put the already connected blob and DSMB
    together as one neat lump. If right handed clip this to the lower right D-ring.

There are loads of variants in stowage of reels/spools etc. but a lot of these are dependant on other factors, such as carrying
    additional cylinders and potential snag point etc.

In the early stages of diving what matters most by far is having it ready to go NOW. Needs a good sized reel (not a mini or a spool )
    and having it ready to go in an instant with minimal faff. Unclip, pull blob out, deploy. Keep it simple and don't bury kit :)

3. Alan Davies

Alan Davies Member

That's why I was looking at the one with the little crack bottle can just connect the reel and open the bottle

4. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Leave the reel connected, that's then one less job to do when on the dive.

5. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah TBH i'd just get a McMahon reel and a standard Buddy blob and learn how to use it.
    DSMBi's are good sure, but they are a fair sized lump and inevitably you will at some point fail to fill it.
    Those that use these are well schooled (or should be) in filling it manually.